Shakespeare's Verona

6/21/2014


Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new muting, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean. From forth the fatal loins of these two foes A pair of  star-crossed lovers takes their life;
- Shakespeare








This post I started with this Shakespeare words forms well-known Romeo and Juliet. Who doesn't at first think of  them when they hear about Verona. So yes last week I was in Verona.I took many pictures of this beautiful old city. I was in Verona for the second time and I always fall in love again with it.

Verona is famous for:

- big arena for gladiator games, same arena you can find in Rome but this one is smaller, now in it, you can watch different shows.

- typical colourful Italian streets with flowers on balconies.

-Juliet's balcony and her bronze statue under it, this is the biggest love place in Europe I think. There is a myth that if you touch her breasts you will have happiness in love. If you haven't read it yet you definitely should read Romeo and Juliet and also watch movie Letters to Juliet where you can learn and see a lot of Verona.

- Italian gelaterias, with old Italian ice cream which one has parts of fruit in it.

- statue of famous Italian poet Dante and other important Italians.

- whale's bone which one will fall down when will under it walk a person who never told a lie.

- lions, because Verona was part of Venecia.

I saw a lot of Verona but I think there is so much more hidden, so I can't wait to visit  it again (also because of amazing Italian shops).

I hope you like more and more travel posts on my blog.

Have a great day!
Tajaljeh


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe